Beam crane suspended moves along the workshop along a crane-track rigidly fixed to the building structure. Depending on the number of these ways, beam crane suspended can be single or double span. A single-span suspended crane-beam moves in two, and a two-span suspended crane-beam moves in three crane ways.
As a rule, it is impossible to achieve absolute parallelism of the crane path, therefore, on the crane-beams, one end is fixed rigidly, and the second through a floating unit .
The presence of a floating unit eliminates jamming of the hanging crane beam as a result of unevenness of the crane path and linear changes in the crane beam from the movement of the hoist with the load along it.
HEZ PTM LLC produces beam crane suspended in two different embodiments of terminal construction end beams:
- Simplified end beams – is a design of two channels with 4 wheels rigidly fixed among themselves, two of them are driven, two – idle. This type of end beam on beam crane suspended is used with a lifting capacity of up to 5 tons and a span of up to 9 meters. The advantage of this design is its low cost.
- Standard end beams – consists of two independent balancing carts each of which has 4 wheels, two of them are driven, two single. The balancer carts are attached to the balancer through the hinge nodes. One balancer is rigidly attached to the span beam, the second through a floating unit.
The advantage of this design is increased reliability, 100% prevention of the possibility of jamming during unevenness of the crane run both in horizontal and vertical planes.
Standard end beams in suspended beam cranes are used with a lifting capacity of up to 12.5 tons and a span of up to 16 meters.
Depending on the technological purpose of the crane beam and electric motors installed on the mechanisms, various control systems are used:
- When applied to all mechanisms of single-speed electric motors, control is carried out according to the scheme with direct connection.
- When using two-speed electric motors on the hoist and hoist mechanisms, the electric motors of the crane movement are controlled from the frequency converter.
The direct-drive electric drive circuitry provides thermal and maximum current protection for all electric motors. The electric drive based on the frequency converter provides the following types of protection:
- protection against overheating of electric motors;
- motor overload protection;
- protection against short circuits between phases;
- earth fault protection;
- phase failure protection;
- engine rollover protection;
- overheating protection of power elements of converters.
On the movement mechanism of the two-span crane beam, a frequency electric drive is always installed to prevent skewing and jamming of the crane.
All control systems provide protection against excessive undervoltage of the supply voltage and the disappearance of one of the phases.
The crane can be controlled in two ways:
- from a suspended control panel, which can move along with the hoist, move along the span beam, fixed stationary on the span beam.
- through the radio channel from the portable control panel of the RADEL-DU system, manufactured by HEZ PTM LLC.
All electrical equipment assembled on the basis of the Schneider Electric. It is placed in the control box with a degree of protection of the shell not lower than IP54. The power supply of the crane control system is carried out from an alternating current network 380V, 50Hz. It is possible to order electrical equipment for other power standards.